Assorted Chopstick Snail (Stenomelania sp.)
These snails are ideal maintenance animals for the freshwater aquarium!
The Chopstick Snail (Stenomelania sp.) is an excellent scavenger and substrate sifter with a unique, spike-shaped appearance. This snail is native to Taiwan and has very unique and variable coloration. It traverses all areas of the water column and spends a good amount of time burrowing in the substrate.
Feeding and care is very easy for the hardy Yellow Chopstick Snail. It requires the same maintenance and conditions as most tropical aquarium snails and should never be exposed to copper. It will eat nearly any high-quality dry and frozen foods, but it will also feed heavily on algae, biofilm, and decaying plant matter in the aquarium. It will not harm live ornamental plants.
What We Like About These Snails:
- Completely peaceful
- Unique, spike-shaped shell with variable coloration
- Safe with all plants and excellent for sifting substrate
- Excellent scavenger and algae eater
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 86° F (22° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0 – 8.2
- KH: 2 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons per snail
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be sparingly fed daily.
- Warning! Avoid any food product, medication, or plant fertilizer that contains Copper of any form. Copper is toxic to invertebrates. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper or more commonly copper sulfate. Always look at the ingredient list for any product going into the aquarium to ensure they are copper free.
- Social behavior: Peaceful
- Origin: Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 2.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 2 inches (2.5 - 5 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!