Asian Stone Mini Catfish (Hara jerdoni) - 1 inch
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your item contains this item and you choose UPS 2nd Day Air, we will bill you for UPS Next Day Air Service or we will cancel your order. *
These miniature catfish are valued for their small size and the unique, long pectoral spines protruding from their bodies.
Looking for something unique to add to your nano or community tank? Look no further than the Asian Stone Mini Catfish! Their small size makes them perfect for small tanks - they only grow to a maximum of 1 1/2 inches in length! Also known as Hara jerdoni or dwarf moth catfish, these fish are known for their small size and their neat-looking pectoral spines. They have intricate, striped patterns along their bodies and fins, featuring various shades of light and dark tans and browns.
These catfish come from slow-moving streams and small rivers in Indian and Bangladesh, so they don't need a large area in which to swim around. Due to their peaceful nature, they are perfect for community tanks - especially small tanks that have limited space for fish. We sell these fish in a school of 3 because they are known to do best in groups of 3 or more. They are a bottom-dwelling species, and they are very useful for eating leftover food and thereby keeping the bottom of your tank clean.
- pH level range: 5.6 - 7.6
- Temperature range: 64° - 75° F (18° - 24° C)
- Water type: Medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet Shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, etc.), snails (such as Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), other non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: These catfish will eat most types of fish food, but they love live food such as bloodworms and daphnia. They are nocturnal, so they will likely feed at night for the most part. We recommend not keeping them with many other bottom-dwelling species, as their peaceful nature may lead them to be out-competed for food.