Anubias Beginner Combo Pack
Spruce up your aquarium with an assortment of some of our hardiest species of Anubias!
Included in This Pack are the Following:
The leaves of Anubias barteri are large, pointed at the ends, and leathery in texture. Because its leaves are tough, they are usually not eaten by fish or other plant-eating critters. This plant is excellent for aquariums that house fish, snails, and dwarf shrimp, as it provides biofilm, hiding places, and security for all aquarium inhabitants.
Anubias Coffeefolia (Anubias barteri “Coffeefolia”) is one of many variants of Anubias barteri. Like virtually all Anubias plants, it is extremely hardy, undemanding, and can thrive in a variety of water parameters. As far as its appearance, this variant is unique in that it has visibly ruffled, oval-shaped leaves. Also, in its early stages, its leaves are often brown in coloration. As the plant grows, this brown coloration eventually turns to the deep green that is typical of Anubias plants. Most of our specimens have already developed past the “brown” period of growth.
Anubias frazeri (Anubias barteri x A. heterophylla) is a very tall, attractive Anubias hybrid that is well known in the aquarium hobby due to its attractive appearance, durability, and ease of care. Its deep green, thick leaves stand out and provide valuable refuge for aquatic animals. Like virtually all Anubias plants, it is extremely hardy, undemanding, and can thrive in a variety of water parameters.
Anubias Plant Care Guidelines:
- Please see listings for each plant individually for best care of each plant, though they are all very similar.
What We Like About Anubias:
- Extremely versatile and durable
- Attractive centerpieces in the tank once they have grown out
- Thrives when tied/attached to aquarium driftwood and rockwork
- Requires low to moderate lighting and little to no supplementation in nutrient-rich water
Anubias Care Guidelines:
- Temperature: 72° - 80° F (22° - 27° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 9.0
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Indigenous to Africa, but cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium Placement: Middle
- Care: Easy
No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free. We can not guarantee our plants will be snail free.