American Shoreweed (Littorella uniflora), clump w/lead
American Shoreweed (Littorella uniflora) is an excellent carpeting plant for the subtropical aquarium foreground. It is leaves are very grass-like in appearance and it propagates by runners. It can thrive in both high-tech and low-tech setups provided that it has adequate lighting.
American Shoreweed requires moderate to high lighting. For the best appearance for a carpeting effect, high lighting is required. In moderate lighting, the leaves will grow taller and horizontal growth will be reduced. It will grow very quickly in nutrient-rich substrate. It will also benefit from CO2 supplementation, but this is not required.
Like most plants, American Shoreweed will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, nitrogen, and other plant supplements.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Rich, bright green coloration
- Easy to moderate care
- Provides protective cover for fry
- Thrives in low-tech setups
- Temperature: 62° - 72° F (17° - 22° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.0
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Grown in US nurseries, but indigenous to North America, South America, and Europe
- Aquarium placement: Foreground
- Care: Easy
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!