Albino Sterba's Cory Catfish (Corydoras sterbai) - Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Albino Sterba's Cory Catfish is a very striking color morph that still has the spotting and orange fin coloration at maturity!
The Albino Sterba's Cory Catfish (Corydoras sterbai) is an uncommon variant of a very popular species. As an adult, it displays spotting and orange pectoral fins much like the nominal version of its species, the the original black and white is replaced with pink and yellow hues. Much like its cousin, the Peppered Cory (Corydoras paleatus), this catfish exhibits very interesting and often playful behavior. It is fairly small (they grow to a maximum of about 2-1/2 inches), so it is ideal for the home aquarium.
- Striking adult coloration
- Interesting and playful behavior
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Possible to breed in the home aquarium
- Temperature: 73° - 79° F (23° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.6
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. High-quality flake, pellet and wafer foods as well as frozen foods such as bloodworms and tubifex.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Bolivia and Brazil.
- Average adult size: 2 - 2.5 inches (5 - 6.4 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)