3 PLANT COMBO - Beginner Aquarium Plants: Hornwort, Duckweed, and Willow Moss
This pack includes the following:
1. Hornwort (Ceratophyllum submersum): a fast-growing stem plant with needle-like leaves. It easily grows 1 inch or so per week if adequate nutrients are available. This Hornwort portion includes several 3 inch or longer stems.
2. Duckweed (Lemna minor): a fast-growing floating plant made up of fronds that resemble tiny lily pads. The fronds reproduce very quickly and provide shade and cover with their floating roots. This pack's portion of Duckweed includes 250+ fronds/pods.
3. Willow Moss (Fontinalis antipyretica): a fast-growing leafy moss. This moss attaches to surfaces and grows into a bushy mat, making it very effective for providing cover for aquatic animals. This pack's portion includes enough moss to make a large, 5 by 5 square inch mat.
All three of these plants are easy to grow and are fine with low-light setups, although more light will encourage faster and denser growth. The plants will grow enough to fill a 30 gallon aquarium in two months or less. They grow by absorbing waste (including ammonia and nitrates) from the water, which means they reduce pollutants that cause smelly or cloudy water and make for happier fish and invertebrates!
- Great for beginners
- Beautiful and variable shades of green on each plant
- Can thrive in any type of lighting
- Temperature: 50° - 77° F (10° - 25° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 9.0, though 6.0 - 7.5 is ideal
- Lighting: Low to high
- Origin: Tank-raised. Each plant naturally grows worldwide.
- Aquarium placement: Anywhere
- Care: Easy