Purple Dragon Mosaic Guppy (Poecilia reticulata), BREDBY: AQUATIC ARTS
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via overnight shipping services. If your order contains this item, you will only an overnight shipping service as a shipping option during checkout *
The Purple Dragon Mosaic Guppy is a highly sought after, uncommon color morph of the classic Dragon Mosaic Guppy!
We are proud to offer specimens bred in house at Aquatic Arts!
The Purple Dragon Mosaic Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) is a very colorful guppy variety that is highly sought after in the aquarium world. It boasts various shades of purple, blue, violet, and a pearlescent white. Females of this variety also contain a splash of color.
Guppies typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the guppy. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but guppies may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Guppies are best kept in small groups.
While not a picky eater, the Purple Dragon Mosaic Guppy will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods. High-quality flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried tubifex and bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
What We Like About This Guppy:
- Vibrant purple markings in males
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
Recommended Tank Parameters:
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 27.7° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- KH: 10 - 30 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 10 gallons
Dragon Guppy Care Guidelines:
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social Behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to northern South America.
- Average Adult Size: 2.5 inches (6.3 cm), females are larger
- Average Purchase Size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm) or larger