Pygmy Cory Catfish (Corydoras pygmaeus), TANK-BRED!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
We are proud to offer tank-raised specimens of this peaceful, perfect nano and planted tank bottom-dweller! These tank-raised specimens are considerably younger, healthier, and more durable than their wild-caught counterparts.
The Pygmy Cory Catfish (Corydoras pygmaeus) is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the nano, community, and planted aquarium. This species is very popular with many shrimp keepers due to its exceptionally small size and peaceful disposition.
The Pygmy Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals. It might eat dwarf shrimp fry, but is generally safe to keep with adult dwarf shrimp. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbels and underbelly. This fish is otherwise undemanding as it will accept most dry and frozen foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed and sudden changes are avoided.
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 25° C)
- pH: 6.2 - 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 6 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 8 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality flake, pellet and wafer foods as well as frozen foods such as bloodworms and Tubifex.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous to South and Central America.
- Average adult size: 1.4 inches (3.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 inch (1.3 cm)