Gold/Yellow Giant Sulawesi Rabbit Snail (Tylomelania sarasinorum), BREDBY: AQUATIC ARTS
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship Sulawesi Snails exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
We are extremely proud to offer our very own Aquatic Arts Bred line of the endangered Gold/Yellow Giant Sulawesi Rabbit Snail!
Giant Sulawesi Snails are one of the largest freshwater snails in the world, growing as large as 4 inches as adults. Since they can grow so large, they need room to move, so it's a good idea to avoid dense vegetation or overcrowding in your aquarium. They are decent algae-eaters, but they also feed on leftover food and any kind of fish food. While most aquatic plants are safe from these snails, they have been known to munch on more delicate or thin-leaved plants.
***All of our Rabbit Snails are born and raised at our facility***
- Beautiful and bright yellow bodies with long, spiraled shells
- Interesting movement and curious nature
- Completely peaceful
- Grow to a large and impressive size
- Temperature: 76° - 84° F (24.4° - 29° C)
- pH: 7.5 - 8.5
- KH: 2 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons per snail
- Diet: They eat algae and decaying plant matter, and they have also been known to munch on more delicate plants. They can mostly subsist on leftover fish/invertebrate flakes or pellets, but their diets should be occasionally supplemented with algae wafers and/or blanched vegetables such as zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber.
- Social behavior: Peaceful and solitary; will not engage with tankmates.
- Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous to the Sulawesi region of Indonesia
- Average adult size: 3 inches (7.6 cm)
- Average purchase size: 0.5 - 1.5 inch (1.3 - 3.8 cm)