Black Moscow Guppy (Poecilia reticulata var. “Black Moscow”), Males and Females, Aquatic Arts Bred!
We are very excited to offer both male and female specimens of this exceptional guppy variety! These specimens were bred in house at Aquatic Arts!
The Black Moscow Guppy (Poecilia reticulata var. “Black Moscow”) is one of the most striking and popular guppy varieties. This beautiful guppy displays solid black coloration with elegant, long tails in males and is sure to be a standout in any aquarium! We are pleased to now offer male/female pairs of this fish so that you can start your own little colony if you wish. Females of this variety are rare and can often command a hefty price.
Guppies typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the guppy. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but guppies may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Guppies are best kept in groups.
While not a picky eater, the Black Moscow Guppy will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods. High-quality flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried foods will all be readily accepted.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Beautiful deep black coloration and elegant “Moscow” tail in males
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 27.7° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- KH: 10 - 30 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to northern South America.
- Average adult size: 2.5 inches (6.3 cm), females are larger
- Average purchase size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm) or larger