Yellow Chopstick Snail (Stenomelania plicaria)
- Completely peaceful
- Unique, spike-shaped shell with yellow-tan coloration
- Safe with all plants and excellent for sifting substrate
- Excellent scavenger and algae eater
- Temperature: 72° - 86° F (22° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0 – 8.2
- KH: 2 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons per snail
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be sparingly fed daily.
- Warning! Avoid any food product, medication, or plant fertilizer that contains Copper of any form. Copper is toxic to invertebrates. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper or more commonly copper sulfate. Always look at the ingredient list for any product going into the aquarium to ensure they are copper free.
- Social behavior: Peaceful
- Origin: Indonesia, Philippines
- Average adult size: 1 - 2.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 2 inches (2.5 - 5 cm)