Multi-Color Mystery Snail COMBO PACK (Pomacea bridgesii) - Tank-Bred!
$ 13.99 $ 14.97
Love Mystery Snails, but can't decide which color to order? Then this is the combo pack for you!
INCLUDED IN THIS PACK ARE THE FOLLOWING Mystery Snail Types:
- Black Mystery Snails
- Blue Mystery Snails
- Gold Mystery Snails
These large and striking snails are great for adding some color to your aquarium, but they also serve some very useful purposes. They clean algae off of glass, plants, and decorations, they eat hair algae, and they keep your substrate clean and the correct color. They are totally safe with any fish, shrimp, or plants, and are completely peaceful. These snails are quite large as adults, growing up to 3 inches in diameter. As with all freshwater snails, Mystery Snails are very sensitive to copper, so it's advisable to monitor your copper levels if you use tap water in your tank.
Mystery Snails are generally much more active and display more playful behavior than other types of freshwater snails. They are almost constantly scaling the walls of the aquarium, extending their antennae in search of food. They will climb up to the water line in to breathe air, so it's a good idea to make sure the water line in your aquarium isn't too high. When a Mystery Snail reaches the top of a wall or structure, it will often let go of the wall and glide rapidly downward until it crashes into plants or into the substrate below, often eliciting a "Weeee!" sound from any witnesses.
We try to ship mostly young Mystery Snails to customers so that they can be kept and enjoyed for more of their lifespan; thus, most of our Mystery Snails will arrive at a smaller size (around .25 - 1.5 inches (1.3 - 5 cm) in diameter). They have voracious appetites and grow in size VERY quickly if they are fed well; a young Mystery Snail can double in size in a matter of weeks to months.
NOTE: If you search the Internet for Mystery Snails, many results will state that these are the same species as Apple Snails. These are NOT Apple Snails, though they do resemble them in shape. Apple Snails are considered an invasive species and are illegal to own in the United States. Our Mystery Snails do not grow to the tremendous size that Apple Snails do (often as big as an apple).
- A variety of bright shell colors
- Its playful behavior makes it more fun to watch than other snails
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 68° - 84° F (20° - 29° C)
- pH: 7.6 - 8.4
- KH: 2 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2.5 gallons per snail
- Diet: Other than algae and biofilm, Mystery Snails also eat leftover fish/invertebrate flakes and pellets and blanched vegetables such as zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber.
- Social behavior: Peaceful and solitary; will not engage with tankmates.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to South America.
- Average adult size: 2.5 - 3+ inches (5 - 7.6+ cm)
- Average purchase size: .25 - 1.5 inches (1.3 - 5 cm)