DELUXE Nerite Snail COMBO PACK - 5 Different Nerite Snail Species!
Love Nerite Snails, but can't decide which color and type to order? Then this is the combo pack for you!
This combo pack includes the following:
- Zebra Nerite (Neritina natalensis): features gold and black zebra-like stripes
- Tiger Nerite (Neritina semiconica): a dark amber color with small black markings
- Sun Thorn Nerite (Clithon donovani): very tiny with a black/yellow spiral pattern, or a solid color (often brown or olive green).
- Three-Color Thorn/Horn Nerite (Clithon corona/diadema): Tiny snail with highly variable colors and pattersn with thorns
- Zebra Thorn Nerite (Clithon corona/diadema): very tiny with a yellow and black spiral pattern.
Liven up your aquarium with one of each of every Nerite Snail variety we have to offer! These beautiful snails are great for giving your aquarium some exotic flair, but they also serve some very useful purposes. They clean algae off of glass, plants, and decorations, they eat hair algae, and they keep your substrate clean.
Nerite Snails are widely believed to be the best snail in the aquarium hobby for eating algae. They are totally safe with any fish, shrimp, or plants, and are completely peaceful. Nerite Snails require salt water to reproduce, so they will never overpopulate your aquarium (as some freshwater snails are known to do).
When keeping any type of Nerite Snails, it's a good idea to make sure the water line in your aquarium isn't too high, as these snails tend to climb up beyond the water line. Additionally, Nerite Snails do not tolerate water with high nitrate levels. All freshwater snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.
What We Like About These Snails:
- Among the most voracious algae-eating snails
- Do not reproduce in freshwater
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 65° - 85° F (18° - 29° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 8.0
- KH: 5 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons per snail
- Diet: Nerite Snails can subsist on algae if there is enough present in the aquarium. Their diet can be supplemented with algae wafers and/or blanched vegetables such as zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber.
- Social behavior: Peaceful and solitary; will not engage with tankmates.
- Origin: Northeast/East/South Africa (Zebra Nerite), India, Indo-Pacific (Tiger Nerite), Indo-Pacific (Sun Thorn, Zebra Thorn Nerite), Indo-Pacific, India, Africa (Black Racer Nerite), North/Central/South American Gulf Coast (Tiger Eye Nerite)
- Average adult size: .25 - 1.5 inches (.6 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: .25 - 1 inch (.6 - 2.5 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!