Brown Ramshorn Snails (1/4" to 1")
- pH level range: 7.0 and up
- Temperature range: 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: Soft to hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of snails (Nerite snails, Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Ramshorn snails are not picky at all about their water parameters, and they tend to reproduce like crazy in almost any conditions. If you run into problems with snail overpopulation, a few Assassin Snails will quickly take care of the problem. Ramshorn snails eat algae, waste, and invertebrate pellets or fish food. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.
- Warning! Avoid any food product, medication, or plant fertilizer that contains Copper of any form. Copper is toxic to invertebrates. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper or more commonly copper sulfate. Always look at the ingredient list for any product going into the aquarium to ensure they are copper free.