Glosso (Glossostigma elatinoides) Tissue Culture
Glosso is a challenging, but rewarding and beautiful foreground plant that is perfect for the dedicated aquarist!
This listing is for the tissue culture form of Glosso. Tissue cultures are superior to traditional forms of aquarium plants in many ways. They are produced in a completely sterile environment which eliminates the possibility of them carrying pest snails or algae spores. They have a shelf life (before introduction to the aquarium) of several months if properly maintained and they are housed in a nutrient gel until introduced to the aquarium. To introduce a tissue culture plant to the aquarium, simply rinse off as much nutrient gel as possible, then plant as usual. The nutrient gel will not harm your aquarium.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Tissue cultures contain no unwanted pest animals or algae
- Superb carpeting plant
- Bright green coloration
- Unique green and brown coloration
- Carpets the entire high-light areas of the foreground
- Temperature: 72 – 78° F (22 - 26° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.0
- Lighting: Very High
- Origin: Lab-grown tissue culture, but indigenous to New Zealand, Australia, and Tasmania
- Aquarium Placement: Foreground
- Care: High
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!