Flame Moss (Taxiphyllum sp.) on 3+ inch Driftwood
We are proud to now offer the super popular Flame Moss already mounted to driftwood!
Flame Moss (Taxiphyllum sp., “Flame”), is a rare but increasingly popular and attractive species of creeping moss for the freshwater aquarium. This is a great plant to keep in any freshwater aquarium due to its low lighting requirements and ease of care. What makes this moss distinctive is the long, curly vertical growth of its stems, which resemble an underwater green “fire.” Due to the nature of its stem growth, Flame Moss is an ideal moss for horizontal placement in the aquarium. It also provides cultivation areas for tiny live food sources such as infusoria and biofilm. Once established in the aquarium, Flame Moss can grow into a very impressive, large mat that will contribute to a stunningly beautiful aquascape.
We now offer this moss attached to an attractive piece of Malaysian driftwood.
This is a very easy plant to keep without much extra care, but like all plants, it can benefit from CO2 supplementation (although this is not required). Like many mosses, it does not typically respond positively to most chemical plant supplements. Many aquarists report success with this moss purely through keeping a well-maintained aquarium with no supplementation.
No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free. We can not guarantee our plants will be snail free.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Already mounted to driftwood for immediate placement in the aquarium
- Excellent (and potentially more attractive) alternative to Java Moss
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium or terrarium décor
- Low to moderate light requirements
- Little to no supplements needed
- Temperature: 65° - 77° F (18.3° - 25° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Cultivated in nurseries, but indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium placement: Any
- Care: Easy to moderate