Yellow Tiger Endler's Livebearer (Poecilia wingei var. “Yellow Tiger”), Males and Females, TANK-RAISED!!!
Endlers are absolutely ideal nano/community fish, and the Yellow Tiger is one of the rarest and most spectacular!
The Yellow Tiger Endler’s Livebearer (Poecilia wingei var. “Yellow Tiger”) is an extremely colorful, peaceful fish whose small size makes it absolutely perfect for the nano or planted aquarium. This particular color variety boasts incredible yellow and black coloration with red and blue highlights, making it one of the most exceptional varieties of the Endler’s livebearer. This fish is very similar to the larger common guppy (Poecilia reticulata). It is very hardy, especially for such a small fish.
Endlers typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the endler. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but endlers may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Endlers are best kept in groups.
While not a picky eater, the Yellow Tiger Endler’s Livebearer will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods supplemented with spirulina or other nutritious vegetable matter. High-quality and flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried foods will all be readily accepted.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Unprecedented yellow, black, red, and blue coloration
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 75° - 86° F (24° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0-8.5
- KH: 15-35 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 5 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social Behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous to northern South America
- Average Adult Size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)
- Average Purchase Size: .5-1 inch (1.3-2.5 cm)