Platinum Red Mosaic Guppy (Poecilia reticulata), Males and Females, Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The rare Platinum Red Mosaic Guppy boasts beautiful coloration in both males and females, elephant ear-like pectoral fins, and endless activity!
The Platinum Red Mosaic Guppy (Poecilia reticulata) is a very colorful guppy variety that is distinctive due to its extra large pectoral fins, which resemble elephant ears. Various shades of red, orange, blue, violet, and yellow are present in this variety, and even females are very colorful!
Guppies typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the guppy. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but guppies may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Guppies are best kept in small groups.
While not a picky eater, the Platinum Red Mosaic Guppy will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods. High-quality flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried tubifex and bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Unusually large pectoral fins
- Vibrant multi-colored markings in males and females
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 27.7° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- KH: 10 - 30 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to northern South America.
- Average adult size: 2.5 inches (6.3 cm), females are larger
- Average purchase size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm) or larger
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!