Lambchop Rasbora (Trigonostigma espei) - Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
Lambchop Rasboras are omnivores and are not too picky about eating. They will likely eat fish flakes or pellets, but they need a varied diet in order to breed (if breeding them is something you are interested in). Experienced keepers of these fish have found that their colors are brought out best when they are also fed some frozen or live foods (such as brine shrimp, bloodworms, daphnia, and insect larvae). They will also eat blanched vegetables, such as lettuce, zucchini, kale, etc. We are one of the only suppliers in the United States that offers tank-raised Lambchop Rasboras. They ship out as juveniles or young adults that are about a half inch in length, and they may grow up to 1½ inches. These fish are also sold under the names "Porkchop Rasboras" and “False Harlequin Rasbora.”
- Unique pattern in striking colors
- Form schools with each other and with other rasboras and danios
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.0
- KH: 2 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will readily accept most flake foods and algae wafers, as well as freeze-dried daphnia, bloodworms, tubifex, and brine shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Thailand.
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 inch (1.3 cm)