Harlequin Rasbora (Trigonostigma heteromorpha), Tank-Bred
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This beautifully-marked, peaceful species is one of the most widespread and longest kept species in the aquarium hobby, and we are glad to offer it!
The Harlequin Rasbora is easy in care as long as it has stable water parameters with good water quality. Like all rasboras and danios, this fish is completely peaceful and totally safe to keep with other fish (as long as the other fish are peaceful as well), snails, shrimp, and live plants. While it is safe with adult shrimp, it might prey on shrimp fry. The Harlequin Rasbora is a schooling fish that can only thrive in groups of at least 6-8 specimens. Keeping this fish in a large school will ensure its most natural behavior, especially top coloration from males as they compete for the attention of females. When this fish is healthy and placed in a well-cycled and densely planted aquarium, it is fairly likely that it will spawn, and you may see fry start to appear.
- Unique pattern and striking colors
- Ideal schooling fish
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.0
- KH: 2 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will readily accept most flake foods and algae wafers, as well as freeze-dried daphnia, bloodworms, tubifex, and brine shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo, Sumatra
- Average adult size: 1.4 - 1.8 inches (3.5 - 4.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: .5-1 inch (1.3-2.5 cm)