Fire Red Agassizi's Dwarf Cichlid (Apistogramma cf. agassizii) - TANK-BRED!!!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Fire Red Agassizi Dwarf Cichlid is an exceptionally colorful variety with bright red fins and a gold and pink body!
The Fire Red Agassizi's Dwarf Cichlid (Apistogramma cf. agassizii) is an extremely colorful variant of this superspecies. Adult males have a great deal of red finnage as well as glowing yellow and pink coloration across the body! As with most dwarf cichlids, adult females are less colorful by comparison, but females of this variety are more colorful than many others.
The Fire Red Agassizi's Dwarf Cichlid will thrive in an aquarium with a sandy substrate and plenty of refuge such as clay pots, driftwood, and rock formations. It is an excellent candidate for the planted aquarium, but it also needs a fair amount of open space. This cichlid is generally compatible with other peaceful fish as long as it has plenty of room. Territoriality is typically at its peak during spawning. Dwarf shrimp and other small, delicate invertebrates should not be kept with the Fire Red Agassizi's Dwarf Cichlid, but more durable, larger shrimp and snails could possibly make good tankmates in a large enough aquarium. If spawning is desired, tankmates of other species should be kept to a minimum or avoided altogether.
Feeding is simple for the unfussy Fire Red Agassizi's Dwarf Cichlid. High-quality dry, frozen, and live meaty foods will all be readily accepted. Quality and variety are the keys to a diet that will ensure that this fish maintains optimal health and coloration.
We are currently offering sexed, mature adult specimens of this magnificent species. They are displaying excellent coloration!
What We Like About This Fish:
- Beautiful coloration
- Hardy with plenty of personality
- Possible to breed in the aquarium
- Compatible with many other species in a spacious tank
- Will not bother most ornamental plants
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 84° F (22° - 29° C)
- pH: 5.0- 7.0 for tank-raised specimens
- KH: 2 – 15 KH
- Minimum tank size: 20 gallons for a pair, but a larger tank is required for a group
- Diet: Carnivorous. A variety of high-quality dry, frozen, and live meaty foods is necessary for optimal health and coloration.
- Social behavior: Congregates loosely in groups. Males can be territorial when attempting to spawn and females are very protective of their eggs during spawning.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Rio Tefe South America
- Average adult size: 3 inches (7.5 cm) for males, 2 inches (5 cm) for females
- Average purchase size: 1.5 – 2 inches (3.8 – 5.1 cm)