Sterba's Cory Catfish (Corydoras sterbai) - Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
Corydoras sterbai are among the most popular of the numerous currently known species within the Corydora classification, and this can be credited to their beautiful markings. Their heads feature white dots on a black background, which is a very unique characteristic for corydoras, as most of them have the colors reversed. Their bodies are speckled with both black and white dots that provide an absolutely stunning contrast. Much like their cousins the Corydoras paleatus, these catfish exhibit very interesting and often playful behavior. They are fairly small (they grow to a maximum of about 2-1/2 inches), so they are perfect for home aquariums.
- Striking dappled pattern on the whole body
- Interesting and playful behavior
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 73° - 79° F (23° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.6
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. High-quality flake, pellet and wafer foods as well as frozen foods such as bloodworms and tubifex.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 3 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Bolivia and Brazil.
- Average adult size: 2 - 2.5 inches (5 - 6.4 cm)
- Average purchase size: .5 - 1.25 inches (2.5 - 5 cm)