Threestripe AKA False Juli's Cory Catfish (Corydoras trilineatus), Tank-Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This Corydoras species is a hardy, active fish with lovely, complex coloration and markings. It is truly a great species for both beginners and experts alike!
The Threestripe Cory Catfish (Corydoras trilineatus), also known as the False Juli's Cory Catfish, is a beloved species that is native to several countries in South America. It is known for its intricate pattern of spots and stripes over mostly white body coloration. This species is an excellent fish for both beginners and experts alike, and it is also an excellent candidate for aquarists looking to get into fish breeding!
The Threestripe Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals, including dwarf cichlids and angelfish. It might prey on some smaller dwarf shrimp, but is safe with larger shrimp and most other peaceful ornamental invertebrates. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbels and underbelly, so it should be kept in an aquarium with sand or very smooth gravel substrate. This fish is otherwise undemanding as it will accept most dry,frozen, and live foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed and sudden changes are avoided.
- Excellent species for aquarists of all levels
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Temperature: 68° - 78° F (20° - 26° C)
- pH: 5.8 - 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 1 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 15 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality dry foods as well as live and frozen meaty foods. Variety is essential.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous to Peru, Colombia, Brazil, and Suriname
- Average adult size: 2.2 inches (5.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)