Salt and Pepper Pygmy Cory Catfish (Corydoras habrosus), Tank-Raised!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Salt and Pepper Pygmy Cory Catfish is a very popular and active nano fish that is not often available. We are glad to offer tank-raised specimens!
The Salt and Pepper Pygmy Cory Catfish (Corydoras habrosus) is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the community and planted aquarium. As its name suggests, it has a light tan body covered with black and shiny silver spotting and broken striping. This is a much smaller species than the similarly-named Peppered Cory Catfish (Corydoras paleatus), which we also offer.
The Salt and Pepper Pygmy Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals. It might eat dwarf shrimp fry, but is generally safe to keep with adult dwarf shrimp. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbells and underbelly. This fish is otherwise very undemanding as it will accept most dry and frozen foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed.
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Tank-raised from a young age and well-adapted to aquarium life.
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 25° C)
- pH: 6.2 - 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 6 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 8 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality flake, pellet and wafer foods as well as frozen foods such as bloodworms and Tubifex.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: South and Central America.
- Average adult size: 1.4 inches (3.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 3/4 - 1 inch (1.9 - 2.5 cm)