Rust Cory Catfish (Corydoras rabauti), TANK-BRED!!!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This Cory Catfish is rather uncommon in the hobby and develops brilliant violet and rusty orange coloration as it matures!
The Rust Cory Catfish (Corydoras rabauti) is an uncommon species that is native to Peru and Brazil. It is rare in the aquarium hobby, but is in high demand due to the striking violet, orange, and metallic green coloration that it develops as it matures. It is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the nano, community, and planted aquarium.
The Rust Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals, including dwarf cichlids and angelfish. It might prey on some smaller dwarf shrimp, but is safe with larger shrimp and most other peaceful ornamental invertebrates. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbels and underbelly, so it should be kept in an aquarium with sand or very smooth gravel substrate. This fish is otherwise undemanding as it will accept most dry,frozen, and live foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed and sudden changes are avoided.
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior
- Temperature: 68° - 81° F (20° - 27° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 15 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality dry foods as well as live and frozen meaty foods. Variety is essential.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous to Peru and Brazil.
- Average adult size: 2.2 - 2.6 inches (5.5 - 6.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)