Longfin Peppered AKA Blue Leopard AKA Mottled Cory Catfish (Corydoras paleatus "Longfin"), Locally Bred!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
We are now offering LOCALLY BRED juveniles/sub-adults of this exceptional cory catfish! These fish are bred by an expert breeder and delivered directly to our facility, which eliminates the otherwise much more stressful and extensive inbound shipment. This is particularly beneficial with Corydoras catfish, which can be sensitive in lengthy shipment.
The Longfin Peppered Cory Catfish (Corydoras paleatus "Longfin") is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the community and planted aquarium. As its name suggests, it has a light tan body covered with black and shiny silver/blue spotting and broken striping. The longfin variety of this species is very exceptional, namely for its extra tall dorsal fin and elegant pectoral fins!
The Longfin Peppered Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals. It might eat dwarf shrimp fry, but is generally safe to keep with adult dwarf shrimp. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbells and underbelly. This fish is otherwise very undemanding as it will accept most dry and frozen foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Elegant longfin variety that is locally bred
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 25° C)
- pH: 6.2 - 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 6 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality flake, pellet and wafer foods as well as freeze-dried and frozen meaty foods
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to South and Central America.
- Average adult size: 2.5 inches (6.3 cm)
- Average purchase size: .5 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)