Albino Aeneus Cory Catfish (Corydoras aeneus), Tank-Bred
This albino variant is one of the most popular fish in the aquarium hobby!
The Albino Aeneus Cory Catfish (Corydoras aeneus) is a variant of the classic Bronze Cory that is native to several countries in South America. It is one of the most popular bottom-dwellers in the aquarium hobby and is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the nano, community, and planted aquarium.
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with peaceful invertebrates too large to be considered prey
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Temperature: 70° - 81° F (21° - 27° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 15 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality dry foods as well as live and frozen meaty foods. Variety is essential.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous throughout South America
- Average adult size: 2.6 - 3 inches (6.5 - 7.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)