Amano Shrimp Combo Box
- 10 Amano Shrimp. ($52.99)
- 20 Amano Shrimp. ($79.99)
- Aquatic Arts Starter Shrimp Food Pack ($9.99)
- Botanical Breeder Combo Pack ($14.99)
- Aquatic Art's Choice Live Moss Loose Portion ($9.99)
If Purchased Separately you would have to pay $87.96 or $114.96 for the contents of this combo box! Start your shrimp tank the right way with this great deal!
The Amano Shrimp (Caridina multidentata), also known as the Yamato Shrimp, is one of the most popular and durable freshwater aquarium species. It is a relatively larger shrimp than the many popular dwarf shrimp species and it also typically lives a much longer lifespan.
The Amano Shrimp, like most shrimp, lives in large colonies and spends most of its time foraging for food. It is possibly the most voracious eater of algae in the aquarium and is not only a very active, outgoing species, but it is also very useful as a solution to fighting algae issues. It aggressively feeds on most varieties of biofilm and algae and, in appropriate numbers, will often eradicate even the most persistent algae growth on plants and other aquarium decorations. It is also very effective in eating decaying plant matter, such as shed leaves and needles of aquarium plants. However, it does not bother or damage live ornamental plants.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content. Providing natural botanicals for shrimp to feed on will not only help provide the water with natural tannins which can help boost shrimp immune systems, as they decay the shrimp will feed on the biofilm they create.
- Among the most durable freshwater shrimp species
- Completely peaceful disposition
- Safe with all ornamental plants
- Excellent scavenger and algae eater
- Long-lived among shrimp species
- Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 80° F (17.8° - 26.6° C), the middle of this range is ideal
- pH: 6.5 - 7.9
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 1 - 7
- TDS: 100 - 400
- Average purchase size for Regular: 1/2 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)
- Average adult size: 1 - 2+ inches (2.5 - 5+ cm)
- Social behavior: Peaceful
- Origin: Japan, Taiwan, Ryuku Islands, Fiji