Java Moss Mat (Taxiphyllum barbieri / Vesicularia dubyana)
This Java Moss ships as a pre-made cocofiber mat that measures roughly 3 by 4 inches. Java Moss grows easily along driftwood, rocks, and other surfaces. It can also be grown along the rear glass of your aquarium for an impressive live plant backdrop effect! This moss is also quite practical for the aquarium owner because it removes pollutants from the water, greatly reducing the need for water changes and preventing "smelly tank syndrome." You may receive some strands of moss that are yellow or brown in color - this is normal and the moss should recover within 2 weeks.
No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free. We cannot guarantee our plants will be snail free.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Provides refuge for fish and shrimp fry
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium décor or left floating in loose form
- Low light requirements
- Little to no supplements needed
- Temperature: 59° - 82° F (15° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Farmed in Asia, indigenous to Southeast Asia
- Aquarium placement: Any
- Care: Easy
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!