Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), Locally-Bred
These shrimp are locally-bred indoors with true level 1 UV sterilization. These specimens are also treated and observed for 30 days before being sold.
Beautiful, bright red coloration helps this little shrimp stand out sharply against any backdrop, plants, or substrate in any aquarium. Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp are the golden standard of the shrimp hobby and make the perfect shrimp for beginners and enthusiasts alike. These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! Like all dwarf shrimp, they are very active and breed quickly. A colony of these shrimp works as a very effective cleaning crew for your aquarium, cleaning up algae and waste.
These are freshwater shrimp and can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. They are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks, and many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control. These shrimp are young (around 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch in length), but will grow up to be 1 inch on average as fully grown adults. Young shrimp will ship and acclimate better to your aquarium. Just be weary when adding them to a tank with fish as some fish may find these young shrimp as food.
All Red Cherry Shrimp are extremely adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. Some of the younger shrimp have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a deep red color as long as they are comfortable in the tank.
- Mostly Red, lower body and legs can have clear patches
- Body and legs can have spots or stripes of red coloration with small clear patches
- Males can range from Regular Grade to Sakura Red Grade
What We Like About This Shrimp:
- Impressive solid red coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/4 - 3/4 inch (0.64 - 1.9 cm)