Kuhli Loaches (Pangio kuhlii) - 2 to 3 inches
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Kuhli Loach is a peaceful freshwater fish that is very slender and closely resembles an eel.
These are nocturnal creatures and they like to hide when the lights are on, so plant or rock cover is important. They also prefer sand substrate, as it's easy for them to burrow in it. They are bottom-dwelling scavengers and will eat food and waste that sinks to the bottom of the aquarium. They are very peaceful and totally safe to keep with other fish (as long as the other fish are peaceful too!), snails, shrimp, and live plants. This particular loach is perfect for home aquariums, as they never grow more than 3 to 5 inches in length.
- pH level range: 6.0 - 7.0
- Temperature range: 75° - 85° F (24° - 29° C)
- Water type: Medium-soft to medium
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other peaceful fish (such as Danios, hillstream loaches etc.), snails (such as Mystery Snails, Sulawesi Snails, Nerite Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp, Bee Shrimp, etc.)
- Additional notes: Kuhli Loaches are scavengers, so they will eat leftover fish food, but they will also go for freeze-dried bloodworms and tubifex, as well as frozen and live foods. They prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants for cover (such as java moss, hairgrass, green cabomba, etc.).