Kuhli Loach (Pangio kuhlii)
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
These are nocturnal creatures and they like to hide when the lights are on, so plant or rock cover is important. They also prefer sand substrate, as it's easy for them to burrow in it. They are bottom-dwelling scavengers and will eat food and waste that sinks to the bottom of the aquarium. They are very peaceful and totally safe to keep with other fish (as long as the other fish are peaceful too!), snails, shrimp, and live plants. This particular loach is perfect for home aquariums, as they never grow more than 3 to 5 inches in length.
- Resembles a tiny eel in appearance and motion
- Highly unique freshwater specimen
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 75° - 85° F (24° - 29° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.0
- KH: 2 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 20 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger. Prefers sinking pellets, but will also accept most flake foods and algae wafers, as well as live foods such as freeze-dried daphnia, bloodworms, tubifex, etc.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. They prefer to be kept in groups of 3 or more Kuhli Loaches
- Origin: Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Java, Borneo, Sumatra
- Average adult size: 3 - 5 inches (7.6 to 12.7 cm)
- Average purchase size: 2 - 3 inches (5 - 7.6 cm)