* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
Borneo Suckers are also known by the names Borneo Loaches and Hong Kong Plecos. Like the Reticulated Hillstream Loaches and Chinese Hillstream Loaches, these are among the most unique-looking critters we have to offer. These fish come from the rapid-moving streams of Asia, and their flat, streamlined bodies are built to withstand those strong currents. This fish's beautiful shape is embellished with a dappled pattern that resembles polka-dots.
We sell these fish in a school of 3 because they are known to do best in groups of 3 or more. These fish are shipped small, but will grow up to 1.5 to 2.5 inches in length. They need plenty of oxygen in the tank to survive, as well as colder temperatures (68° - 75° F). Warmer water has less oxygen in it, so this fish is not likely to survive in temperatures above 75°. In ideal conditions, they can live for 8 to 10 years. They should be kept in water with a neutral to slightly alkaline pH level.
These fish are very peaceful and totally safe to keep with other fish, snails, shrimp, and live plants! They are the perfect choice for aquarium hobbyists in search of unusual and exotic-looking creatures for a freshwater community aquarium.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Extraordinary-looking with its highly unique, hydrodynamic shape
- Long lifespan if kept in ideal conditions
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 68° - 75° F (20° - 24° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.5
- KH: 1 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 30 gallons (per school of 3)
- Diet: Omnivorous. Eats algae and will accept high-quality dried foods and meaty foods such as live or frozen bloodworms. Their diet should be supplemented with algae wafers, spirulina, and/or fresh vegetables.
- Social behavior: Peaceful and best kept in groups of 3 or more. Should not be kept with territorial or aggressive tankmates.
- Origin: Sadong River basin in southern Malaysia (Malaysian Borneo)
- Average adult size: 1.5 - 2.5 inches (3.8 - 6.4 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 2 inches (2.5 - 5 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!