Neon Yellow Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), Tank-Bred!
Add some color and excitement to your aquarium with Neon Yellow Shrimp! These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! Their brilliant yellow coloration draws the eye directly to these dynamic little creatures and adds charm and cheer to any aquarium set-up. Like all dwarf shrimp, these shrimp are very active and breed quickly. We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age.
Neon Yellow Shrimp are fairly adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium with the right water parameters. Younger shrimp may have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a bright yellow color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. These yellow shrimp carry the "Goldenback" gene, which produces high quality yellow shrimp with a bright golden stripe down the middle of the back. Some of this type is included in almost every order, and we will continue to ship a larger amount of Goldenback Yellow Shrimp as our stock improves.
- Bright and cheery yellow coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily. Our Spirulina flakes and BacterAE make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Warning! Avoid any food product, medication, or plant fertilizer that contains Copper of any form. Copper is toxic to invertebrates . Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper or more commonly copper sulfate. Always look at the ingredient list for any product going into the aquarium to ensure they are copper free.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 7.6 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)