Orange CPO Dwarf Mexican Crayfish/Mini Lobster (Cambarellus patzcuarensis)- Tank Bred!
CPO Crayfish feature a beautiful and eye-catching fiery orange coloration that will add a burst of color to your tank! Dwarf crayfish like these are one of our favorite invertebrates here at Aquatic Arts. They are much larger in size than dwarf shrimp when fully grown (they can grow up to 1.6 inches long) and tend to live much longer, but are still small enough to comfortably live in a tank as small as 5 gallons. They are one of the most brightly colored varieties of invertebrates we offer, and their large size draws the eye right to them. Additionally, they are easy to care for, and their feeding requirements are simple - they feed on leftover food or almost any kind of fish food.
These are quite active and do not hide during the day like most crayfish. They make an exciting addition to any aquarium, and they're a great way to get into invertebrates if you haven't joined the craze already!
Though the CPO Crayfish is small enough not to be a threat to most other tank inhabitants, they have on occasion gone after dwarf shrimp, so we don't recommend keeping them in the same tank. As with any crayfish, the golden rule is that if they can catch it they may try to eat it. These are normally peaceful, but all crayfish are opportunistic omnivore hunters/scavengers so there is always a small chance they could try to fin clip slow moving fish or ones with long flowing fins. We have kept them with schools of fast moving small fish like rasboras, rainbowfish, and danios with very little to no issues. Caution just needs to be advised whenever housing a crayfish with other tank mates. It is a skilled climber, so extra care must be taken to ensure that it does not escape its enclosure.
- 1 Orange CPO Crayfish - 1/4 to 1.0 inches (No sex specified. Most popular option)
- 3 Orange CPO Crayfish - 1/4 to 1.0 inches (No sex specified)
- 1 Female Orange CPO Crayfish - 1/4 to 1.0 inches (We guarantee a female crayfish for this listing).
- 1 Male/Female Pair of Orange CPO Crayfish - 1/4 to 1.0 inches (We guarantee a male/female crayfish pair for this listing).
- 1 B-Grade Orange CPO Crayfish - 1/4 to 1.0 inches (All of our “B-Grade” crayfish are simply specimens that are missing legs or claws. Loss of appendages is not permanent and happens commonly with crustaceans. They are completely healthy with excellent coloration and will completely regenerate lost appendages within 1 to 2 molts (about 2 to 3 months).
- Attractive marbled pattern
- Very active personality
- Too small to be a threat to most other tank inhabitants
- Easy to care for
- Temperature: 60° - 75° F (16° - 24° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 8.0
- KH: 6 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. High-quality sinking pellets, plants, and freeze-dried or frozen meaty foods will be readily accepted. Cuttlebone can be added to the aquarium to supplement calcium, which will aid in exoskeleton production
- Social behavior: Can be aggressive/territorial with other crayfish, but is much less so than Procambarus species such as the Electric Blue Crayfish
- Origin: Tank Bred, but indigenous to North America
- Average adult size: 1.2 - 1.6 inches (3 - 4.1 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/4 - 1.0 inches (0.6 - 2.5 cm)