White Moscow Guppy, Male (Poecilia reticulata) - TANK-RAISED!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
These gorgeous guppies feature luminescent white coloration, often with canary yellow accents on the face, belly, and fins.
The White Moscow Guppy is a brand new color strain that has only very recently become available and, so far, we are one of the few stores to offer it. This new guppy boasts a pearly white coloration with pastel accents across its entire body for the males we offer.
Guppies typically occupy the top level of the water column, although they can often be seen swimming and feeding in the middle and bottom levels as well. They are also not afraid to jump, so they must be kept in an aquarium with either a lid/hood/canopy or at least a significantly lowered water level. They will not eat or bother plants. They are safe with other peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not known to nip at the long tail of the guppy. Adult dwarf shrimp are generally safe as well, but guppies may eat shrimp fry. Larger, peaceful invertebrates can also make good tankmates. Guppies are best kept in small groups.
While not a picky eater, the White Moscow Guppy will thrive and remain very colorful on a varied diet of meaty foods. High-quality flake food, pellets, and frozen or freeze-dried tubifex and bloodworms will all be readily accepted.
- Beautiful pearl white coloration
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Hardy and adaptable
- Excellent for inhabiting the top of the aquarium
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 27.7° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- KH: 10 - 30 dKH
- Minimum Tank Size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will easily accept high quality dry and frozen foods.
- Social Behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Tank-raised, but indigenous to northern South America
- Average Adult Size: 2.5 inches (6.3 cm)
- Average Purchase Size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm) or larger