Aquatic Terrarium Kit With Live Marimo Moss Balls - Small Starter Set
Enter the fun and strange world of marimo moss balls with our all-inclusive marimo aquarium kit! Each kit contains 1 nano marimo ball that is approximately 1". The marimo are shipped with a thick 7oz glass jar. The jar is squared with rounded edges. Unlike round jars, this jar provides non-distorted viewing angles that don't produce a "fisheye" effect when viewing your marimo.
Also included is a real sea fan and real river stones to bring out the best color in your new pets. Marimo moss balls grow very slowly and can live in a jar for years. Over time, the marimo will become a "ship in a bottle" piece, and people will wonder how it got in the bottle in the first place. This is a highly unique addition to a home or office!
Marimo balls are regarded as good luck charms in Japan, and since they have been known to live to 200 years and beyond, they are often kept as family heirlooms. They are thought to symbolize close bonds between family members or close-knit friends, and are often passed down to children and grandchildren or nieces and nephews. By the time future generations receive the marimo balls, they will be larger in size and will continue to grow with each generation. Additionally, marimo balls are sometimes given to young children as "pets," since the only care they require is occasional water changes. Marimo balls are thought to represent everlasting love; thus, they are often used as wedding table ornaments or even gifted at weddings. They are appropriate as a gift for the bride and groom, and smaller marimo balls make wonderful take-home gifts for the guests that will serve as mementos of the newly-weds' special day.
- Includes one nano marimo moss ball, a square 7oz bottle with cork, sea fan, and river stones.
- The cork lid makes this a great piece for retro, country, and vintage decoration schemes. Great Decorations for your home, office, or patio!
- Extremely easy to take care of. They can even live in tap water with a biweekly water change. No need for special lighting.
- Marimo moss balls grow very slowly and can live in the jar for years. Over time, the marimo will become a "ship in a bottle" piece, and people will wonder how it got in the bottle in the first place.
- Marimo are a fantastic gift for children to teach them about the responsibility of owning and taking care of a pet.