Taiwan Lily (Nymphoides hydrophylla), bunch
Taiwan Lily is a fast-growing, low-maintenance plant that is invaluable as a refuge for fish and invertebrate fry!
Taiwan Lily (Nymphoides hydrophylla) is a very in-demand plant that is visually attractive, but also extremely useful to fish and invertebrate breeders. It provides excellent refuge for fry while also helping to maintain very good water quality. This plant can thrive in low-light and low-tech setups and will grow into a large mass that can be easily pruned. Taiwan Lily can be planted, but it is typically best left floating in a free-form mass. It can even often live in brackish water!
Like many plants, Taiwan Lily will benefit from some additional supplementation, but it will typically grow very quickly regardless.
No aquarium plant distributor/nursery/wholesaler/retailer can or will guarantee their plants to be 100% snail free. We can not guarantee our plants will be snail free.
- Superb refuge for small fish, invertebrates, and fry
- Unique appearance that contrasts nicely with most other plants
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium décor
- Low light requirements
- Little to no supplements needed
- Temperature: 59° - 90° F (15° - 32° C)
- pH: 5.0 - 8.0
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: USA-bred, but indigenous to Taiwan
- Aquarium placement: Any
- Care: Easy