Snowball Shrimp Breeder Combo Box
- Snowball Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), Tank-Bred Breeder Pack:
- 10 female shrimp and 5 male shrimp, which ship out as breeding age young adults that range from 1/2 to 1 inch in length. All shrimp are bagged together in one bag. ($59.99)
- Aquatic Arts Starter Shrimp Food Pack ($9.99)
- Botanical Breeder Combo Pack ($15.99)
- Aquatic Art's Choice Live Moss Loose Portion ($9.99)
If Purchased Separately you would have to pay $95.96 for the contents of this combo box! Start your shrimp tank the right way with this great deal!
The Snowball Shrimp (Neocaridina zhangjiajiensis) is perfect for adding tranquil beauty to any nano or planted aquarium setup. Also known as White Pearl shrimp, this little beauty is a translucent white, although some individuals feature a bluish tint. It is actually named for the appearance of its eggs, which are also pure white and closely resemble tiny snowballs! The Snowball Shrimp is a selectively bred variant of Neocaridina zhangjiajiensis, and is directly related to Blue Pearl Shrimp.
Care for this shrimp is identical to all varieties (Cherry, Neon Yellow, Blue Velvet, Sapphire, Blue/Black Diamond, Chocolate, Orange Sakura, Green Jade, and Rili Shrimp) of the closely related Neocaridina davidii. It is comparably durable as well. It is completely compatible with Neocaridina davidii shrimp, but keep in mind that these two species can interbreed.
This shrimp is a scavenger and is very useful in planted and nano aquariums. The bulk of its diet is biofilm, algae, and decaying plant matter so it will work diligently to clean up the waste in any aquarium. It feeds constantly, so it displays constant activity. In a less mature aquarium, it should be fed high quality flake and mini pellet dry foods with high algae/spirulina/plant content.
- Pearly white coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with most plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)