Schultzei AKA Gold Flash Cory Catfish (Corydoras schultzei), LOCALLY BRED!!!
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
We are now offering LOCALLY BRED juveniles/sub-adults of this rare cory catfish! These fish are bred by an expert breeder and delivered directly to our facility, which eliminates the otherwise much more stressful and extensive inbound shipment. This is particularly beneficial with Corydoras catfish, which can be sensitive in lengthy shipment.
The Schultzei's Cory Catfish (Corydoras schultzei), also known as the Gold Flash Cory Catfish, is a very uncommon species that is native to Peru. Tank-raised specimens are not often available, but we have them! This lovely Corydoras species is notable for its metallic green coloration that also includes noticeable gold flecks. Some specimens also have a gold stripe across the shoulder.
The Schultzei's Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals, including dwarf cichlids and angelfish. It might prey on some smaller dwarf shrimp, but is safe with larger shrimp and most other peaceful ornamental invertebrates. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbels and underbelly, so it should be kept in an aquarium with sand or very smooth gravel substrate. This fish is otherwise undemanding as it will accept most dry,frozen, and live foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed and sudden changes are avoided.
- Superb locally bred specimens
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
- Temperature: 68° - 81° F (20° - 27° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 15 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality dry foods as well as live and frozen meaty foods. Variety is essential.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-Bred, but indigenous to Peru
- Average adult size: 2.4 inches (6 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 inch (2.5 cm)