* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The Schooling Glass Dwarf Goby is a very uncommon, active species that is excellent for the nano and planted aquarium due to its tiny size and peaceful disposition!
The Schooling Glass Dwarf Goby (Gobiopterus chuno) is a very rare freshwater dwarf goby that is native to Sumatra, Singapore, Taiwan, India, and Bangladesh. It has a few distinctive qualities that make it unique from other gobies. First, it is a truly schooling species that occupies the middle of the water column. Second, it has a completely transparent body. This goby inhabits many freshwater waterways (including blackwater habitats) throughout Asia, and it can sometimes also be found in brackish water.
The Schooling Glass Dwarf Goby is a micropredator in nature. It is known to usually accept live and frozen meaty foods. This fish will also sometimes accept high-quality dry foods, but it typically will ignore them until very well established in the aquarium. The Schooling Glass Dwarf Goby is completely peaceful and attains a size of .75-1.2 inches (2-3 cm), so it is compatible with most other peaceful nano fish. It has a very small mouth, so it might be reasonably safe to keep with adult dwarf shrimp, although it might eat some of their fry. It is also compatible with other larger, peaceful invertebrates. It is sensitive to declines in water quality, so regular tank maintenance is a must. Little is known about the breeding habits of this species other than it is an egg-scatterer. There are no known cases of breeding in the home aquarium yet.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Unique transparent appearance
- Peaceful disposition with fish and peaceful invertebrates
- Interesting schooling behavior that is unusual for gobies
- Safe with adult dwarf shrimp
- Will not bother plants
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 73° - 79° F (23° - 26° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.0
- KH: 4 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10-15 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: Micropredator. Needs very small live and frozen meaty foods as the staple of its diet, but might eventually accept dry foods as well.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling
- Origin: Sumatra, Singapore, Thailand, India, Bangladesh
- Average adult size: .75 - 1.2 inches (2 - 3 cm)
- Average purchase size: .75 - 1 inch (2 - 2.5 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!