Rose Sparkle Sword (Echinodorus sp. "Rose Sparkle"), bare root
$ 6.69 $ 7.95
This rare sword plant is reportedly a rather recent hybrid that boasts bright green leaves that are spotted and marbled with deep red coloration!
Rose Sparkle Sword (Echinodorus sp. "Stardust") is a fairly new sword plant hybrid. Its bright green and red leaves are "dusted" and with white speckling, making it an absolutely lovely plant that can be a very distinctive part of the aquascape. It can even thrive in low-tech setups wiith moderate to high lighting and nutrient-rich substrate!
Rose Sparkle Sword is a member of the plant group known as Rosettes, which are known for their extremely short stem axis and for the way their leaves grow upward from the base of the plant. This plant can grow up to 24 inches in height with the proper lighting and water quality. Approximate shipping size of our Rose Sparkle Swords ranges from 6 to 8 inches tall. As with all of our plants (besides tissue cultures), our Rose Sparkle Swords are kept in water in a dedicated tank rather than plastic packaging, which means your plant will arrive much healthier.
Like most plants, Rose Sparkle Sword will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Nitrogen, Iron, and other plant supplements.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Distinctive white speckling on green and red leaves
- Tall and wide growth that is ideal for larger aquariums
- Very easy to propagate
- Provides a great deal of cover for animal fry
- Very hardy and durable in a well-lit, nutrient-rich aquarium
- Temperature: 72° - 84° F (22° - 29° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Moderate to high
- Origin: Indigenous to South America, cultivated in US nurseries
- Aquarium placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Easy
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!