Regular Grade Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), Tank-Bred!
These are regular grade cherry shrimp, which means that they will not be solid red like the higher grade Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp and the Painted Fire Red Cherry Shrimp. Some red spots are present but shrimp will have lots of clear patches.
Regular Grade Color:
- Mostly transparent with spots of red
- Legs are generally clear
- Males can generally are clear but some will have some spots of red
- Beautiful red coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily. Our Spirulina flakes and BacterAE make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)