Red and Yellow Dwarf Shrimp Combo Pack, Tank-Bred!
Includes 5 Sakura Red Cherry shrimp and 5 Neon Yellow shrimp.
This combo pack is perfect for small aquariums and is a great way to get two colors of shrimp without paying more for the individual shrimp. Both colors are vibrant and beautiful and stand out fantastically against plants or any other backdrop.
Both of these shrimp varieties belong to the same species (Neocaridina davidi, formerly Neocaridina heteropoda) and can live within the same water parameters. Additionally, they will interbreed, and since they are shipped out as young adults or adults, they will already be able to breed in your tank. After some time breeding, these shrimp will form a colony that will work as a very effective cleaning crew for your tanks, cleaning up algae and waste!
INCLUDED IN THIS PACK ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- 5 Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp: These shrimp feature a deep red coloration that contrasts particularly well with green plants. We ship out young adults that range from 1/2 to 3/4 inch long.
- 5 Neon Yellow Shrimp: These are a brilliant yellow that adds cheer and charm to any aquarium set-up. We ship out young adults that range from 1/2 to 3/4 inch long.
- Temperature: 64° - 84° F (17.8° - 28.8° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 0 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily. Our Spirulina flakes and BacterAE make excellent staple food products for these shrimp.
- Warning! Avoid any food product, medication, or plant fertilizer that contains Copper of any form. Copper is toxic to invertebrates . Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper or more commonly copper sulfate. Always look at the ingredient list for any product going into the aquarium to ensure they are copper free.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/2 - 3/4 inch (1.3 - 1.9 cm)