Orange Sakura Shrimp, Locally-Bred Combo Box
- 10 Orange Sakura Shrimp, Locally-Bred ($39.99)
- 20 Orange Sakura Shrimp, Locally-Bred ($71.99)
- Aquatic Arts Starter Shrimp Food Pack ($9.99)
- Botanical Breeder Combo Pack ($15.99)
- Aquatic Art's Choice Live Moss Loose Portion ($9.99)
If Purchased Separately you would have to pay $75.96 or $107.96 for the contents of this combo box! Start your shrimp tank the right way with this great deal!
These shrimp are locally-bred indoors with true level 1 UV sterilization. These specimens are also treated and observed for 30 days before being sold.
Add some color and excitement to your aquarium with Orange Sakura Shrimp! These shrimp look great, clean your tank, and are a blast to watch! Orange Sakura Shrimp are very similar to the prolific Red Cherry Shrimp, but their coloration is a sunny, delightful yellow-orange. They are very active and breed very quickly. A colony of these shrimp works as a very effective cleaning crew for your aquarium, cleaning up algae and waste.
These are freshwater shrimp and can live in almost any freshwater aquarium. They are very popular for planted tanks and community tanks, and many people use them in large aquariums for waste management and algae control. We generally ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age.
Orange Sakura Shrimp belong to the same species as Sakura Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina davidi), so their care requirements are essentially the same. All Orange Sakura Shrimp are extremely adaptable creatures that can live in almost any freshwater aquarium.
These shrimp are young (around 1/4 inch to 3/4 inch in length), but will grow up to be 1 inch on average as fully grown adults. Young shrimp will ship and acclimate better to your aquarium. Just be weary when adding them to a tank with fish as some fish may find these young shrimp as food.
Some of the younger shrimp have not reached their full potential yet and will grow into a bright orange color as long as they are comfortable in the tank. Lower intensity lighting and dark substrate also helps them achieve the brightest orange.
- Unique, bright orange coloration
- Completely peaceful with all non-aggressive tankmates
- Safe with all plants
- Excellent scavenger
- Minimum tank size: 2 gallons, recommended 10 gallon minimum for a colony
- Temperature: 64° - 78° F (17.8° - 25.5° C)
- pH: 6.8 - 7.5
- dGH: 6 - 15
- dKH: 0 - 10
- TDS: 180 - 400
- Diet: Scavenger that feeds continually. Requires very little feeding in a well-established aquarium containing algae, biofilm, or decaying plant matter. In less mature aquariums, high quality dry foods with high plant content can be fed multiple times daily.
- Aquatic Arts Snowflake Premium Shrimp Food & Aquatic Arts Pollen Granules Premium Shrimp Food are excellent supplements to the diet of any shrimp. Give them a try and your shrimp will thank you for the tasty treat!
- Natural Botanicals are a great way to boost the immune system of your shrimp and they will also provide lots of essential biofilm for the shrimp to graze on.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. A small group can continually replenish and grow its population
- Origin: Tank-bred , but wild populations indigenous to Taiwan
- Average adult size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1/4 - 3/4 inch (0.64 - 1.9 cm)