Mini Super Red Ludwigia (Ludwigia sp. “Super Red Mini”) Tissue Culture
Mini Super Red Ludwigia is one of the smallest Ludwigia species and it boasts the most intense red under high lighting!
Mini Super Red Ludwigia (Ludwigia sp. “Super Red Mini”) is a very popular and very striking red plant for the serious freshwater planted aquarium. With proper care, this hardy, fast-growing plant can flourish and highlight the middle or background of the aquascape with intense red coloration.
This variety of Mini Super Red Ludwigia requires moderate to high lighting. Its trimmings can be replanted. It does not require substrate, but does seem to absorb some of its nutrients through its side roots and it can be attached to driftwood and other surfaces. It does not require CO2 supplementation, but CO2 supplementation will contribute to more optimal growth and health. High lighting is necessary for this plant to maintain its optimal ultra red coloration.
This listing is for the tissue culture form of Mini Super Red Ludwigia. Tissue cultures are superior to traditional forms of aquarium plants in many ways. They are produced in a completely sterile environment which eliminates the possibility of them carrying pest snails or algae spores. They have a shelf life of several months if properly maintained and they are housed in a nutrient gel until introduced to the aquarium. To introduce a tissue culture plant to the aquarium, simply rinse off as much nutrient gel as possible, then plant as usual. The nutrient gel will not harm your aquarium.
Like most plants, Mini Super Red Ludwigia will benefit from supplementation such as Seachem Flourish, Flourish Excel, Flourish Nitrogen, Flourish Iron, and other plant supplements.
What We Like About This Plant:
- Extraordinary red coloration and very prolific growth in ideal conditions
- Easy care
- Excellent foreground or middle ground plant
- Provides protective cover for fry and can attach to or cover many surfaces in the aquarium
- Tissue cultures contain no unwanted pest animals or algae
- Temperature: 64° - 82° F (18° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.0 – 7.0
- Lighting: Medium to High. Higher lighting will help maintain red coloration.
- Potential Height: 6 inches (15 cm), sometimes taller.
- Origin: Indigenous to Southeast Asia and Australia,“cloned” in tissue cultures
- Aquarium Placement: Middle to Background
- Care: Easy
- Growth Rate: Fast
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!