Mini Rose Moss Mat (Blepharostoma trichophyllum) - 3 x 1.6 Inch Mat
An alternative to Java Moss or Willow Moss, with a unique appearance that contrasts nicely with other mosses.
Mini Rose Moss (Blepharostoma trichophyllum), also known as Hairy Threadwort and Mini Pearl Moss is an extremely rare aquarium liverwort moss. Like most mosses, it requires only low to moderate lighting.
This is a great plant to keep in any freshwater aquarium due to its low lighting requirements. It is a slow-growing moss that is capable of living in cold water tanks as well as tropical tanks. It grows into bushy patches that are always a favorite hiding place for shrimp and fish fry.
We definitely foresee this moss becoming much more popular in the hobby in the near future, and we are pleased to offer it in a stainless steel mat form that makes it easy to attach to and begin propagating on rocks, driftwood, or aquarium substrate. The moss is grown outdoors in Taiwan, and may contain a few pest snails or terrestrial bugs (the bugs will not survive or reproduce underwater).
- Unique appearance that contrasts nicely with Java Moss and Willow Moss
- Can be attached to almost any aquarium décor or left floating in loose form
- Low light requirements
- Little to no supplements needed
- Temperature: 59° - 82° F (15° - 28° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5
- Lighting: Low to moderate
- Origin: Grown in Asia, indigenous to South America
- Aquarium placement: Any
- Care: Easy