Long-Finned Cory Catfish (Corydoras longipinnis), Tank Bred!
$ 61.95 $ 68.99
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This majestic, colorful species is very rare in the aquarium hobby, especially when it comes to tank-bed specimens!
The Long-Finned Cory Catfish (Corydoras longipinnis) is an uncommon species that is native to Argentina. As its name states, it has elegant finnage that makes it very distinctive among all Corydoras species. It also has blue-green, gray, and tan coloration that adds to its stunning appearance. Like all of its relatives, it is an excellent candidate for the community aquarium.
The Long-Finned Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals. It might eat dwarf shrimp fry, but is generally safe to keep with adult dwarf shrimp. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbells and underbelly. This fish is otherwise very undemanding as it will accept most dry and frozen foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Elegant, colorful appearance
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 72° - 79° F (22° - 25° C)
- pH: 6.2 - 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 6 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality flake, pellet and wafer foods as well as freeze-dried and frozen meaty foods
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Argentina
- Average adult size: 2.4 inches (6.1 cm)
- Average purchase size: .5 - 1 inch (1.3 - 2.5 cm)