L330 Watermelon Pleco (Panaque nigrolineatus laurafabianae)
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
The L330 Watermelon Pleco is a highly sought-after species due to its size and unique pattern varieties.
The L330 Watermelon Pleco (Panaque nigrolineatus laurafabianae) is a classic suckermouth catfish species that is native to the Rio Orinoco in Colombia and Venezuela. It is a popular pleco species for the larger aquarium due to the striking patterns and unique head size. It inhabits fast flowing, oxygen rich waterways and is often an excellent scavenger and bottom feeder in large displays. This pleco can be housed with a wide array of tankmates including community fish, as well as semi-aggressive cichlids.
A robust filtration system is required for the L330 Watermelon Pleco as they grow very large and produce a considerable amount of waste. Like all Panaque species, the Watermelon Pleco is a wood eater and will require driftwood be in the tank to munch on. This species can be somewhat territorial with conspecifics, but is peaceful otherwise.
What We Like About This Fish:
- A unique and hardy addition to the large aquarium.
- Unique appearance as well as plenty of personality.
- Exceptional markings
- Can survive solely on a driftwood diet.
- Temperature: 71° - 86° F (22° - 30° C)
- pH: 5.5 - 7.5 (somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided)
- KH: 0 - 30 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 180+ gallons for a full grown adult
- Diet: Herbivorous, requires driftwood to graze on.
- Social behavior: Generally solitary and somewhat territoral with other nocturnal bottom-dwellers
- Origin: Rio Orinoco, Colombia
- Average adult size: 20- 24 inches (50.8 - 60 cm)
- Average purchase size: 2.5 - 3.0 inches (6.4 - 7.6 cm)
All Aquatic Arts brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support!