Kyathit Danio (Danio kyathit)
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
Kyathit Danios radiate beauty in any aquarium in which they're placed! Their luminescent markings seem to glow against the dark expanse of their dark bodies, forming shapes that are reminiscent of a snake's scales. Kyathit is actually the Burmese word for "leopard," so these fish were named for their spotted markings. Their fins are trimmed with bright yellow/gold. Kyathit Danios practically glow in the dark, and your eyes can't help but be immediately drawn to them!
Like other Danio types, Kyathit Danios are easy to care for, as long as they live in stable water parameters with good water quality. They do best in tanks that have plant, rock, or driftwood that provides them with cover. We sell these fish in a school of 6 because they are known to do best in groups of 6 or more. Kyathit Danios will form schools with each other and with all other types of danios, forming rainbows of motion throughout your aquarium!
These fish are omnivores, so they will eat algae, fish food flakes or pellets, as well as freeze-dried foods such as bloodworms and brine shrimp. Like all other danios, these fish are very peaceful and totally safe to keep with other fish (as long as the other fish are peaceful too!), snails, shrimp, and live plants! Our Kyathit Danios ship out as young adults that are about an inch in size, but should grow up to 2 to 2.4 inches long.
- Beautiful iridescent markings
- Form schools with each other and with other rasboras and danios
- Safe with plants
- Completely peaceful
- Temperature: 68° - 80° F (14° - 27° C)
- pH: 6.5 - 7.5
- KH: 2 - 10 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
- Diet: Omnivorous. Will readily accept most flake foods and algae wafers, as well as freeze-dried daphnia, bloodworms, tubifex, and brine shrimp.
- Social behavior: Peaceful, schooling/shoaling.
- Origin: Burma
- Average adult size: 2 - 2.4 inches (5 - 6 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1+ inch (2.5+ cm)