Green Laser Cory Catfish (Corydoras sp. CW009), Tank-Bred
* For the safety of our animals, we now ship live fish exclusively via UPS Next Day Air. If your order contains this item, you will only see UPS Next Day Air as a shipping option during checkout *
This incredibly rare Corydoras is an incredibly rare, undescribed species from Peru and we have tank-bred specimens!
The Green Laser Cory Catfish (Corydoras sp. CW009) is a newfound species that is native to Peru. It is very rare in the aquarium hobby, but is in high demand due to its coloration of a metallic green body with a thick green / cyan stripe along its shoulder and side. It is a very animated, distinctively marked schooling fish that is perfect for the nano, community, and planted aquarium. It has not yet been scientifically described, but many experts believe that it is possibly a geographic color variant of Corydoras aeneus or C. melanataenia.
The Green Laser Cory Catfish is a very peaceful schooling fish that is compatible with most nano aquarium animals, including dwarf cichlids and angelfish. It might prey on some smaller dwarf shrimp, but is safe with larger shrimp and most other peaceful ornamental invertebrates. It is a classic scavenger and will inhabit and feed at the aquarium floor, which should be comprised of sand or smooth gravel. Very coarse substrate can damage its delicate barbels and underbelly. This fish is otherwise undemanding as it will accept most dry and frozen foods. It is adaptable to most tropical freshwater conditions as long as standard regular maintenance is performed and sudden changes are avoided.
- Very peaceful and hardy addition to almost any aquarium
- Compatible with most adult dwarf shrimp and other invertebrates
- Thrives in schools in well-planted aquaria
- Distinctive coloration and group schooling behavior
- Tank-Bred specimens of this species are extremely rare
- Temperature: 72° - 82° F (22° - 28° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 7.2. Softer water is preferred, but this fish is somewhat flexible as long as sudden changes are avoided.
- KH: 0 - 15 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 15 gallons for a school of 6
- Diet: High-quality dry foods as well as live and frozen meaty foods. Variety is essential.
- Social behavior: Peaceful; requires a school of 6 or more to thrive.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Peru
- Average adult size: 3 inches (7.5 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 1.5 inch (2.5 - 3.8 cm)